Saturday, October 10, 2009

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz

I have no favorite color scheme! Every Michigan season beckons me to redecorate with the colors that surround me. This October, with its deep hues, earth tones and touches of spice is no exception! Look at this wonderful mix of colors in this picture of autumn leaves. I desire to be surrounded by the warmth of deep woodsy greens, mixes of pumpkin, orange and chocolate, with sprinkles of brick red. Alas, my budget will not allow me to change my decor that often. So this autumn, I guess I'll be content with baking a pumpkin pie, place bittersweet sprigs in my tall glass vase filled with pine cones, and call it "cozy". (There is not much room for anything more in this small apartment!)

By the way, these gorgeous colors shown here are by Valspar Paint, which I whisper, as we were once Benjamin Moore paint dealers. However, I must give due where due is deserved.

September and October have been busy with fabric - drapery panels and bedding. From simple and functional to unusual and detailed, draperies add pattern, texture and personal touch! I liked the way one designer described them to me. "They either hide a sight or accent a view!" Draperies not only provide glamour to a room's decor but insulation value which is a big buzz word this winter. Bedding is extremely easy to transform with duvets and shams! Accent pillows are easy to come by with leftover fabric and trim. I have found a artistic "gem" whose sewing creativity is phenomenal!

This autumn has been inspiring working along side of so many of you in your areas of expertise, getting familiar with your businesses, and sharing different aspects of a client's design project. I have learned much and appreciate so your trust and confidence in our talents. Thank you!

“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, ‘thank you,’ that would suffice.” – Meister Eckhart

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...