Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.....

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
By George Elliot

Autumn is perhaps my most favorite time of year (but I might have said that about spring also!) That is why I love Michigan, I get to experience so many different wonderful aspects of all the seasons! Autumn, by one definition I read recently is "a period of maturity verging on decline." Reminded me of the age I find myself at these days!! I'd rather refer to autumn (and my age) as a time of respite, reflection, reorganization & renewal. "Change" is the buzz word appropriate for this time of year and we have certainly seen it occur in the life of our friends at Israel's! People erroneously surmise that this news of a competitor's collapse makes me happy, however, I want to declare that indeed it does not! With the closing of Israel's doors also closes a long-standing chapter on Grand Rapids' design history, closes a chapter on a family's generous philanthropic outpouring into a community that is very beholding, and closes the doors on yet another empty building with the rippling effect of lost jobs, lost incomes, and lost hopes for many people. No one likes to see a noble giant fall, crippled and humbled. It breaks my heart for their loss and ours as a community. I can only hope the their years of longevity has produced enough maturation and wisdom to spring forth from this rubbled respite with reflection, reorganization & renewal!

"Change" is also the buzzword this autumn for Hunter Douglas with the unveiling of Design Studio Roman Shades. "Custom. Redefined" to quote them directly! Four distinctive shades styles, 320 timeless fabrics from around the world include woven with blends of cottons, linens, silks and synthetic fibers. The best is that ALL fabrics are sourced in wide widths so shades can be made up to 96" with NO vertical seams!!! Yes! You read that correctly! 96" wide and no seams!! And fabrics are available by the yard for additional design opportunities. Coordinating valances complement Design Studio Roman shades, as well as being available for other Hunter Douglas window fashions. Personalize any design by adding distinctive decorative tapes and trims. Their innovative cording system reduces access to the rear cords for enhanced child and pet safety. The double-turned side and bottom hems provide a custom finished look, while stiff battens add structure and support. Discover the soft side of Hunter Douglas!
Changes have taken place in the column just to the right in the addition of a new blog to watch called CocoCozy.com. One of my favorite fabric suppliers, Greenhouse Design, lists this blog as one of the five up and coming blogspots to watch this year. Enthusiastic and inspirational! Also, added to the column on the right is CaroleNet.com, a sister company to Hunter Douglas,

Carole Fabrics has served the design community for over 50 years, offering exceptional quality and customer assistance. Available 24/7, CaroleNet .com offers more than 10,000 designer fabrics, trims and hardware. Let Carole Fabrics bring your decorating dreams and ideas to life!!
(Pictures courtesy of Carole Fabrics)


"Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, time seems speeded up. What was is not and never again will be; what is....is change." author unknown

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...